Tuesday, February 5, 2008

DDR

In one of my classes today, we were talking about bringing DDR (Dance Dance Revolution) into PE programs. This game is very popular among kids these days. For example, have you ever seen young adults playing DDR in arcades at the mall? They will wait in lines and pay money to be physically active! Its gets your breathing and heart rate up, which is what we want in PE classes. DDR's can be pretty expensive, but if you try hard enough, I'm sure there are plenty of grants out there that could help your school out. I feel as though if DDR's were implemented into PE programs, kids would enjoy being active and it would be promoting physical health and learning.

6 comments:

Stacey Domer said...

Hey Means! I completely agree with you! DDR is amazing! I actually posted a blog about this too. Kids don't mind engaging in this physical activity because it is alot of fun. It's even better that this game can be played at home on almost any game system. What a great invention!

daltorio said...

i think you are right. Anything to get people to have fun while being active is great. So many times the average person will quit working out because they get bored with it.

RyanZiegler said...

This is very true. My highschool as actually started to introduce this to some small classes to see how it would do. I have not heard anything about how it is doing, but i do know they are going to try the Wii also. Fun and PE is great to keep kids wanting more.

Dany4420 said...

I agree with you! Kids love that game and adults are beginning to like it too. I think its an excellent idea to bring it into the schools to motivate the students. Maybe more students will actually look forward to going to PE.

Laura said...

That is true. I have seen people wait in lines to play DDR. I think its a great idea to put in schools. You don't really think of a work out when you play it sense it is so fun.

Mike T said...

DDR im not going to lie to you its fun other then other people see you doing it. not saying i look funny when im playing it but i am o well i play ddr & i like it.