Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Derek Jeter

I was reading on the Yankees website today that they are thinking about moving Derek Jeter to a different position in the playing field. In 2 years, they either want to move him to first base or take over for Johnny Damon and Hideki Matsui in the outfield as their contracts expire. This decision is still up in the air, but it definitely makes me sad that Jeter might not be a shortstop in the near future. He's been my favorite player for years, but unfortunately, he is getting older and his stats are lowering. I can't imagine watching the Yankees and not seeing Jeter at shortstop. But, if the Yanks think that moving him in a few years will give them a better chance of winning, I can deal with that. Hopefully, the Yankees captain will step up this year and lead them to a World Series!

No comments: